Monday, July 6, 2009

Now lets help someone else for a change....

I have been thinking about writing for this for a while now. Finally I got the moment to put down my thoughts...

I want to send this message specially to people like me, who have already graduated from school( yeah thats wat they call here, even if u do your masters, it is still called that you are going to school...;)) and are working currently...I think we have had enough months to earn money and save a little bit for a good cause.....There are two things I absolutely love doing....

KIVA
According to its website..Kiva is the world's first person-to-person micro-lending website, empowering individuals to lend directly to unique entrepreneurs around the globe.
I love this concept...Basically you register at the site and then you find people you are interested in loaning money to..You can look people up by the country, or the work they do or the amount of loan needed or the repayment terms. They are basically enterpreneurs in underdeveloped countries, who cannot apply for loans from the government..You basically loan to them and they repay your loan back...There is very little chance of delinquency, so in most cases you get your money back, depending on the repayment term the enterpreneur has...With the money you get back, you can either lend it to someone else or even withdraw it....I loved this concept and have been a fan of KIVA since last few months...I encourage all of you who are capable to spare few hundred dollars to visit their site at http://www.kiva.org and start lending....You can start with as little as $25....

Humane Society of the United States
According to their website....The Humane Society of the United States is the nation's largest and most effective animal protection organization—backed by 11 million Americans, or one in every 28

Their mission is Celebrating Animals, Confronting Cruelty...

I initially joined them when someone sent me an email regarding the cruel treatment of animals and below was the website to sign the petition...I have been excited for the work they do ever since. Recently they had worked to prevent the killing of seal babies in canada...There are couple of things you can do here..You can sometimes donate some amount, can start with as little as $5, at other times, you can help by signing the petition or sending letters to your US representative( Don't worry you don't have to write actual letter, there is a written letter, you just need to sign in with your name) to take actions against the cruelty of animals....Whether you are vegeterian or a non vegeterian, I am sure you would not prefer the cruel treatment of animals...If you are interested let me know and I can forward you some of the emails from Humane Society......
http://www.hsus.org/about_us/

Together we can acheive peace and happiness in this world..........

No comments:

Post a Comment